Thursday, February 21, 2013

Game Spinner Prize Ribbon

I love making prize ribbons and for this project, I wanted to showcase as many different Tim Holtz products as possible.  It is much larger than one might expect from looking at the pictures.  it measures approximately 14" so it definitely can make a statement all on it's own.  I love the way it was displayed at CHA.  They placed it on the waist of a big wire mannequin!  In fact, in Tim's CHA recap he shared pics of it on his blog.  As you can imagine, that was very exciting for me!  :)

Starting out with the rosette part of the prize ribbon, I wanted to create somewhat of a vintage game spinner.  Using the new picture wheel was the perfect start.  Tim uses a plethora of numbers in his product, and it follows through on his papers.  One of my favorite designs is definitely the one that is a huge collage of vintage game pieces.  Taking the picture wheel I created, I cut and placed the numbers in all the windows.  To add some height, I created a mini rosette using the decorative strip/mini paper rosettes die.  I then added all the fringe and fluff by creating loops out of the new paper tape, the paper stash 12X12 & the fabulous tissue paper.  I used a game spinner covered in 5 layers of embossing powder to give it that thick, red look.
For the dangling ribbons, I wanted a fun mix of texture, color and varying widths.  I love, love, love the cloth measuring tape.  It is so authentic, it felt sinful to even cut into it.  Adding the thick paper strips at the back and the journaling tickets to the front, I was almost done.  Taking the white seem binding and dying it in varying shades of red ink added the perfect distressed color I was looking for. 

I am pleased to say this entire creation was made using all Tim Holtz product...DIES:  NEW BIGZ Picture Wheel & Sizzlits Paper Rosette; PAPER:  Paper Stash Lost & Found 12X12, Paper Stash Kraft Resist, Paper Stash Collage 8X8; Tissue Wrap-Melange, Journaling Tickets, Game Spinner, NEW Compass Coin, Ruler Ribbon, Lavish Trimmings, NEW Elements Tissue Tape, Ranger Red Embossing Powder & Fired Brick Distress Ink.

This is the final project I created for Tim Holtz at CHA.  I wish that I had had more time to create many more projects.  This was my very first experience designing for CHA, and I must say that Paula and Tim made it very educational and exciting through the entire process.  This is a memory I will never forget.  Thanks again Paula and Tim for trusting in me and giving me such a great opportunity!

Until next time,
Amy

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww!! this is amazing!! I just loveeeeeee it!!!

Sharon Y said...

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing the details. And congrats for designing for Tim at CHA.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This was exceptional in person! A design masterpiece!

Lori said...

Your prize ribbon is so cool and really amazing!

Unknown said...

Gosh I love all of the layers!

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Very detailed and awesome!